- 12 Dry lasagne sheets
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Cake flour
- 1½ Cups (375ml) milk
- 1½ Cups Mozzarella cheese
- 125g (1 bottle) Nando’s PERi-PERi Sauce
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes, juice reserved
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 100g Butternut pumpkin, cut in 2 cm cubes
- 50g Zucchini, chopped
- 50g Patty pans, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a roasting pan mix Nando’s PERi-PERi Sauce with tomatoes, onion, butternut pumpkin, zucchini and patty pans.
- Roast for 5 – 8 minutes.
- For the cheese sauce, melt the butter into a small heavy-based sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in cake flour, gradually adding the milk, stirring continuously, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add 200ml cheese and simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer an oven-proof dish with lasagne sheets, vegetables and then cheese sauce. Finish with a layer of cheese sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown in colour and the lasagne has cooked through.