- ½ Cup (125ml) Nando’s Hot PERi-PERi sauce
- ½ Cup (125ml) Nando’s Garlic PERi-PERi sauce
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1.5kg-2kg Chicken, whole
- 2 Beetroot
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 3 Roughly chopped mini cucumbers
- 3 Tbsp Plain yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine PERi-PERi sauces and honey together.
- Place the chicken on its back. Using a knife, cut between the breastbone to butterfly the chicken.
- Coat the chicken with the sauce and place breast side down on a baking tray to roast in the oven.
- Halfway through roasting, turn the chicken over.
- For the slaw, grate the beetroot and add it to the lemon juice, cucumber, yoghurt and salt.
- Serve the slaw with the spachcock chicken torn into quarters.