- 2 Tbsp Sunflower oil
- 3 Chicken fillets
- 3 Chicken thighs, bones removed
- 1 Red onion, grated
- 3 Tbsp Roughly chopped parsley
- ¼ Cup (60ml) Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce
- 100g Toasted breadcrumbs
- 125g Mozzarella
- 8 Cocktail buns
- 1 Fennel bulb, thinly shaved into ribbons
- 100g Cherry/Rosa/baby tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 Granadillas
- 5 Tbsp Plain yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- Chop the chicken very finely.
- Combine the chicken with the grated red onion, parsley, Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce and toasted breadcrumbs. Allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes before rolling into golf ball sizes
- Heat the oil to a medium heat.
- Place the balls in the pan, press them down to make a patty shape and cook until browned and cooked through (about 3 minutes a side).
- To make the fennel salad, toss together the fennel, halve and chopped tomatoes, the granadilla pulp and yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Halve the buns and toast lightly before adding the chicken patty topped with torn mozzarella and the tangy fennel salad.